(Stand Up Paddle) SUP Boarding is a fun sport but doing it safely should be first. Hank knows if you're gonna go, you need to know:
1. Wear a pfd, personal flotation device.
2. Attach your ankle leash.
3. Check weather conditions before you go out. Wind can really push you around.
4. Use sunscreen and protective clothing.
5. Bring water or sports drinks to stay hydrated.
6. File a float plan with a friend before going out, have a paddle buddy, or better yet, book with Ducky Baby Charters and have the benefit of a boat as home base and a guide who has local knowledge of the river.
See you on the river!